Sunset Oaks Family RV Park Seasonal Camping Policies
- Sunset Oaks season operates from the first Friday in May until September 30. Water & hydro will be turned off September 30 at the end of the day. The campground may open later than the first weekend of May and may close earlier than September 30 depending on the weather.
- No parking on the campground roadway(s) or along the highway. This includes trailers for hauling tractors/gravel. If you do bring a trailer for the weekend it has to be taken home at the end of the weekend. As a seasonal tenant you will receive 3 warnings per summer for illegally parked vehicles. Even if they are visitor’s vehicles they are still your responsibility. After the third warning there will be a $30.00 charge billed to your site for every illegally parked vehicle. Maximum of 2 vehicles permitted on a campsite at any given time. If you need additional parking space you can use the visitors parking area.
- Quiet time is from 11:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Any activity or noise which may affect the comfort of other campers is not permitted including vehicle traffic. Your favorite music is often not your neighbors; therefore loud music and\or shouting are not allowed anytime. Construction, use of chainsaws, leaf blowers, weed whackers, tractors, or any other loud equipment is prohibited from the hours of 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. Construction is also prohibited on all long weekends and every day (weekends & weekdays) during the months of July & August.
- There are no firearms or fireworks allowed in the campground.
- In order to maintain a family atmosphere, please exercise discretion when consuming alcoholic beverages. Open alcohol must stay within your campsite. Inappropriate/illegal behavior will not be tolerated on or off your site. All cannabis is prohibited in the campground unless it is used for medicinal purposes. Anyone caught with cannabis without a prescription is subject to eviction. When using medicinal cannabis it must be done inside your camper.
- All seasonal camping units must be 15 years old or newer in order to have a site at Sunset Oaks. Once a trailer has moved in, the age restriction no longer applies to it providing it is kept in acceptable condition and it stays on the original site. This applies to trailers that are sold on site as well. If they are older than 15 years they need to be moved off site if sold. Campers currently in the system that are older than 15 years will be grandfathered in.
- In case of severe weather, for example high winds or tornado, please go to the bathroom/shower building for protection. It is a cinder block building and will withstand the high winds better than a camper.
- Creating additional space, including paths, by destruction or removal of live trees or brush without permission is strictly prohibited. If you want to add trees, shrubs, etc. please ask before you dig. There are shallow water lines running throughout the campground. If you dig without checking with us and you happen to hit a water line or power line the repair will be charged to you.
- Pets are allowed as long as they are friendly and don’t bark continuously. Maximum of 2 dogs allowed per site. Pets must be leashed and under their owners control at all times. Do not leave the campground with your pet tied up/unattended at your site. It is your responsibility to clean up after your pet. There are dog waste stations throughout the campground. Pets are not allowed in the bathrooms, showers, on the beach, or in the pool area.
- Your site ends where the bush starts. Do not use the bush as a storage area. Wild vegetation growing within a graveled site including driveways must be destroyed, (for example: round-up), not cut, by the tenant owning the site. A maintenance fee of $50.00 will be charged to campers neglecting their campsite.
- Any patios, decks, sheds, or fences etc. constructed on your site must first meet the approval of Sunset Oaks. A drawing for the deck & shed with measurements is required before you begin as a permit will need to be pulled if the deck exceeds a height of 24 inches and the shed exceeds 108 sq. ft. The permit will be an extra cost to you. Due to tax assessments you will also be charged an extra annual fee of $0.25sq.ft. per structure(decks & sheds). Fences will be charged $0.50 per lineal foot. Temporary gazebos and 3 sided firewood sheds are exempt from any charge.
- Pool & Hot Tub are open from May long weekend, weather permitting, until September long weekend. Use of the pool and hot tub is at your own risk. The pool and hot tub stairs may be slippery. Please use caution. Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult. If children are in the hot tub there must be at least one adult in there with them. No lifeguard on duty. No toys are allowed in the hot tub. No glass containers are allowed in the pool area. No chairs allowed in the pool. No cannonballs allowed in pool. Please cover hot tub after each use. Each person in the fenced pool area or using the pool or hot tub will be required to have a wristband (2 and under are exempt and do not need one). Each site will receive 6 wristbands included in their annual fee. If you require additional wristbands for visitors they can purchase them at the office or in the mini golf clubhouse for $5.00 for the day or for the weekend. If you lose a wristband there will be a $10.00 fee for a new one so please keep track of them. If the wristband wears out and tears we will replace it at no charge. We will be checking periodically to ensure all pool users are wearing a wristband. If you’re not wearing one you will be charged $5.00 extra for swimming. If the wristbands are too big for young children to wear on their wrist they can wear it on their ankle. All wristbands must be returned to the office if you decide not to renew your site. If they are not returned you will be charged a $60.00 fee.
- Use of the playground & beach is at your own risk. There is a dog pond in the campground and swimming is prohibited in the pond. The pond is only for use of dogs that like to swim. Sunset Oaks is not liable for anything if you decide to go near the pond. Please watch your children. Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult when using the beach. No lifeguard on duty. No glass containers are allowed on the playground or beach.
- All garbage must be placed in a tied plastic bag and then placed into the contained garbage cage area. Large items must be taken back home with you. If you do leave large items in the garbage cage there will be a $50.00 charge to your site. Please close the door after you have placed your garbage inside. Do not place bags of garbage in the playground and beach garbage cans. Please do not litter. Make sure all cigarette butts are disposed of properly in your fire pit or in the ash trays located throughout the campground.
- Fires are allowed in fire pits only. No garbage burning allowed in the fire pits. The odor from burning garbage can be quite intense and unpleasant to your neighbors. Please douse fire with water when you are done. If you need to empty your fire pit make sure the ashes are not hot. The COLD ashes can be spread, not piled, in the bush. No cutting of saplings for wiener sticks.
- Intentional destruction of property (vandalism) will not be tolerated and the person(s) responsible will be evicted immediately and authorities will be notified.
- ATV’s/dirt bikes cannot be driven in the campground although you can trailer them in and out.
- Outdoor lights must be LED. Please turn them off during daylight hours and whenever you are away. Air conditioning units or heaters should never be left on unattended and make sure they are turned off when you leave. If you use an electric heater it must be an infrared energy efficient heater. If you wish to have an extra fridge on your site you will need to notify management and there will be an additional $25.00 fee per year for a full size fridge, $25.00 for a freezer, and/or $12.50 for a mini/bar fridge. The $12.50 charge also applies if your camper comes with an additional mini/bar fridge. If you are charging an electric vehicle, please notify management as there is an additional charge. A golf cart is $30 per year and an electric vehicle is $75 per year. Make sure the outside water tap is turned off if you are heading home. This ensures if your trailer or garden hose spring a leak, the whole campground is not affected with a shortage of water.
- Campground notification is required prior to moving an RV/trailer on or off a site. The outside of the camper and all other structures (sheds, gazebos, fences, decks) must be kept clean, visually appealing, and in good physical condition. Sunset Oaks reserves the right to enter and inspect campsites at any time. Tarps and covers over trailer and buildings are only permitted off-season unless arranged with management. Washing/rinsing vehicles (except RV’s) is not allowed in the campground. You are responsible for insuring your camping unit, structure(s), and personal belongings on your campsite. We are not responsible for accidents, theft, break-ins, or losses.
- A non-refundable storage/reservation fee of $200.00 is required no later than September 30th in order to have your site held for you. This payment will hold your site until you return the first week in May. At this time the remainder of the amount is due. If the balance is not paid by the first weekend in May you will be charged a $50.00 late fee. Any NSF cheques will be charged an NSF fee of $30.00. Tenants who have not paid their $200.00 storage/reservation fee by September 30th will also be charged a late fee of $50.00 or you must have all possessions off the site by the end of the month. There will be a $50.00 administration fee for monthly payments. There is no refund for early departure.
- The water system here is chlorinated and classified as drinking water and sampled routinely for analysis. Test results can be obtained from management at any time.
- Sites with individual holding tanks will receive 2 free pump outs per season. If you require more than 2, the tenant is responsible for cost of pumping it out at a cost of $70.00 per tank. Please notify us by Monday or Tuesday when your tank is full and needs emptying. The price of $70.00 per tank only applies to tanks being emptied Monday-Friday before 3pm. Any tanks pumped after 3pm on weekdays or anytime on weekends will be charged $200.00 even if it is one of the 2 free pump outs. When we empty tanks in fall, for the winter, and your tank is ½ full or less it will not be emptied. Once it is filled in the new season it will be emptied and count towards one of your 2 free pump outs. If your tank needs to be pumped out in the fall after we close and you have used your 2 free pump outs you will be charged $70.00 for pumping it out.
- Seasonal campers are required to supply their own picnic tables.
- Please inform us immediately of any phone or address changes.
- Sunset Oaks will not be responsible for lost or stolen goods. We will not be responsible for injury that has happened at Sunset Oaks.
- Payment is by cash, check, debit, credit card or e-transfer. If paying with credit card there will always be a 2.85% additional charge. If using debit there will only be an additional charge of $0.50 if your purchase is less than $10.00.
- The showers are coin operated. There is a laundry facility located on the west end of the washroom building that you can use for a small fee. It is on the honor system. Please leave your fee in the box provided. Unlimited mini golf is included in your annual fee to all registered seasonal campers on your site. All visitors must pay a fee to play. A visitors fee to play mini golf is: Adult-$5, Children age 5-12-$4, & Children 4 and under are free. A box for payment is located at the mini golf clubhouse if the office is closed. All putters and balls are there as well and must be returned after each use. All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Your annual fee allows each site to have a maximum of 6 people including the owner(s) of the site. If you have more than 6 people it is $3.00 extra per person per day or $5.00 extra per person a night or $10.00 per vehicle per day. All guests must register at the office upon arrival including adult children. Management reserves the right to limit the number of people on a site at any time. Children 2 and under are exempt from a visitor charge.
- Sites at Sunset Oaks are single family occupancy of 6 people or less. If your family is greater than 6 people you will need to pay an extra charge of $150.00 per season for every family member above the 6 person limit. An occasional second RV for guests is permitted providing they register with and pay camping fees to Sunset Oaks campground. One tent for children will not be charged however a second or more will. You must inform management in advance of anyone using your campsite. Upon arrival they must check in at the office. Children 2 and under are exempt from this charge.
- When having guest(s) stay overnight at your camper, other than immediate family members (adult children & grandchildren), there needs to be a seasonal tenant present during their stay. You must be with your guest(s) when using the pool or hot tub. Your guest(s) are your responsibility to make sure they are abiding by the rules and respecting the property. All damage caused by your guests will be billed to the seasonal tenant. Anyone not registered at the office is subject to eviction. Your guest(s) reflect you. All guests must register at the office upon arrival including adult children.
- When using chemicals to kill weeds, make sure you use Round-Up for your driveway and your yard if it is graveled. Do not use Round-Up in the bush. If you want to spray the bush for poison ivy use Par 3 only. If you don’t have any you can purchase some at the office for $15. It is important to follow this so we don’t kill off the privacy bush between sites and the evergreen seedlings we have planted.
- Vehicle traffic is closed off season unless you have made prior arrangements with management. Opening date for vehicle access may be extended due to snow or soft road conditions. Campground electrical outlets, water, sewer, and washrooms are not operational off season. Water, sewer, and washrooms are in service as soon as the ground has thawed and there is no risk of frost.
- Please be respectful of your neighbor and your fellow campers around you. This includes the use of drones. Hovering over a campsite is strictly prohibited. Please inform management prior to using a drone. Most of us like to come to get away from the busyness of life and spend quality time with our family. Make sure you and/or your children refrain from walking through other camper’s yards, including sites of absent tenants. This is their little retreat from home and we need to respect others privacy. If you have an issue please notify management.
We look forward to making your stay at Sunset Oaks most enjoyable.
“The sun will no more be your light by day, for the Lord will be your everlasting light.”
Let your sun go down on a beautiful day!
Lynden & Laurie Broesky